#freeyogis day 23: #forward 💜 half moon variation 🌛 I didn’t have the best start of the week yesterday but I’m happy that my yoga practice is there to remind me that it’s okay to move on and forget about the things that are currently upsetting me. Hosts: @yogawithkarel @bexmaddy @cattylj @namastechante
fitness-with-johanna said: i just found your blog and OMG I'm in love!!!!!!!!
Awe thanks boo :) you’re the best!
the patience for floating comes from the strength in the mind #yoga
Anonymous said: I saw your post about yoga and your test, and I was wondering what you do to ease stress and calm down? any videos or meditations? I just got my SAT results back and I'm feeling like a meltdown :(
I just like to sit there and close my eyes and clear my thoughts for like 5 minutes while doing ujjayi breathing (this type of breathing really helps me to get rid of all the built up anger and anxiety inside of me usually). If that doesn’t help I will get on my mat and practice (usually I just make up my own flow).
SAT is mentally tough and I know how upsetting and nerve wracking it can be to get your scores and everything.
However know that don’t let a bad SAT score affect you. You could retake the test again, or take the ACT (which most colleges accept and it’s a lot easier than the SAT).
I live in MI so I actually was required to take the ACT in high school, but I remember prepping for the SAT and I absolutely hated it.
Good luck on everything, if you need help or anything please feel free to message me. I’m sorry for rambling a bit!
Anonymous said: Do you know of any ways to really motivate yourself or keep yourself on track? I fall in and out of yoga, doing it every day for a while and then not doing it at all for a week,,, I know it's different for everyone, but do you have any tricks or ideas for how to keep oneself in the habit of yoga? <3
Hey, sometimes I have days when I fall out of my yoga practice and I don’t really let it upset me too much because I just look at it as a way of letting my body taking a break.
However, you might just need like a youtube video or something to motivate you to practice more or something :) Look up a video everyday and just do it. Maybe do it twice a day.
Or like set a reminder on your phone! That could help motivate you to get on your mat.
We’re having so much fun with these challenges that we decided to keep it going for the third month in a row! Join us in October as we each build up to one of our favorite difficult poses. Your hosts - Cat, Rebecca, Stef, Karel, and Chante - will trade off leading the charge every six days. We’ll do five days of prep poses before going for the hard one, with plenty of variations to make it easier or more challenging as we go. Sometimes you just gotta break a pose down to get it right, so the theme this month is #PoseByPose
What to expect…
October 1-6, Crow / Bakasana with Cat
- 1: Plank
- 2: Four-Limbed Staff Pose / Chaturanga Dandasana
- 3: Boat Pose / Navasana
- 4: Garland Pose / Malasana
- 5: Lizard / Utthan Pristhasana
- 6: Crow / Bakasana
October 7-12, Tripod Head Stand / Sirsasana II with Rebecca
- 7: Down Dog / Adho Mukha Svanasana
- 8: Chair pose / Utkatasana
- 9: Reverse Plank / Purvottanasana
- 10: Supported Shoulder Stand / Salamba Sarvangasana
- 11: Wall Tripods / Sirasana II prep
- 12: Tripod / Sirsasana II
October 13-18 Upward Bow (Wheel) / Urdhva Dhanurasana with Stef
- 13: Cobra Pose / Bhujangasana
- 14: Upward Facing Dog Pose / Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
- 15: Camel Pose / Ustrasana
- 16: Bridge Pose / Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- 17: Standing Back Bend / Anuvittasana
- 18: Wheel Pose / Urdhva Dhanurasana
October 19-24 Eight Angle / Astavakrasana with Karel
- 19: Pigeon / Eka Pada Rajakapotasana
- 20: Low Pushup / Chaturanga Dandasana
- 21: Leg-Hug-like-a-baby-asana
- 22: Astavakrasana prep
- 23: Elephant Trunk Pose / Eka Hasta Bhujasana
- 24: 8 angle pose / Astavakrasana
October 25-30 Handstands / Adho Mukha Vrksasana with Chante
- 25: Dolphin Pose & Plank
- 26: Downward Dog Pushups
- 27: Headstand
- 28: Headstand Pikes
- 29: Handstand Jumps
- 30: Handstand
Oct. 31 - Meditation / Dhyana
How to participate…
- Follow your hosts (yogarian, bexmaddy, healthyhappymotivation, yogawithkarel, and sunny-yogi) and Reblog this post and spread the love
- Check the weekly host’s blog the night before for a step-by-step, including pointers and variations.
- Post your photo/video/gif each day and share some thoughts
- Tag it with #PoseByPose. Your hosts all track the tag and we’ll like, LOVE, and reblog our favs
- Have fun! Check each other out. Make some new yoga friends.
OPTIONAL: We are also on Instagram —- follow us there for more fun (Cat, Rebecca, Karel, Chante)
BONUS: Everyone who participates will get a coupon code forKarel’s Etsy Store and those who post ALL 31 DAYS will be entered to win a free bracelet (1 winner). Woo hoo!
We’re so excited for this month and can’t wait to watch you guys rock these poses. We hope you’re having as much fun as we are!
WHO IS GOING TO PARTICIPATE